PART 1- ACER ONLINE NOMINATION
PART 2 – PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION
Please compile an A4 sized portfolio. The purpose of the portfolio is to give the School an understanding of your child, including their academic and extra-curricular achievements, interests and goals. It is an integral part of the assessment process, and is considered in conjunction with examination results.
The portfolio must include all items listed below, as well as any other supporting documentation you may wish to submit.
Please ensure that you do not include original documents, as your portfolio will not
- Print and complete the Guildford Grammar School Scholarship Examination Application Form and place at the beginning of the portfolio.
- Print and complete the Financial Declaration should you wish for your financial situation to be a consideration in the Scholarship decision process. You will also need to complete and sign a Statutory Declaration.
- Include a copy of your child's two (2) most recent school reports.
- Include NAPLAN results from years 3 and 5.
- Include a testimonial, written by your child, explaining why they would like to be considered for a Scholarship and how they believe attending Guildford Grammar School would impact their future and their family.
- Include a personal reference describing your child's character, general attitude, and interests from someone who knows your child well (not a family member). This may be a family friend, teacher, coach, priest or similar. Current Guildford Grammar School students cannot request a reference from members of staff.
- Include supporting documentation of your child's involvement and achievement in co-curricular activities, including sport, cultural pursuits and community participation. This may be in the form of written references from a coach/mentor, newspaper articles, certificates or photographs.
- If applying for a music based Scholarship - Please prepare two contrasting pieces (meaning two different styles, genres, or even a key signature) for the scholarship audition. If you are auditioning on two instruments, only one piece is needed for each instrument. Please ensure you provide one copy of each performance piece for the examiner and bring your own copy for the audition process.
- Include a copy of the candidate's birth certificate (not required for current students of Guildford Grammar School).
Applicants who do not include all items listed above or are late in submitting their portfolio may still be considered for a Scholarship based on their examination results. However, an incomplete or missing portfolio will form part of deliberations during the adjudication process.
Applications have now closed
Submit your portfolio to the attention of:
Mrs Tamara Laurito
Guildford Grammar School
11 Terrace Road
GUILDFORD WA 6055
Phone: (+61 8) 9377 9247
Candidates will be required to attend at the School for an academic test on Saturday, 9 March 2019 from 8.30am to 12.00 noon
. A light snack will be supplied. Please contact the School upon application should your child have a medical condition that we need to be aware of during the examination. The Registrar will be in touch following the close of nominations with further information about the testing day.
Auditions for Music Instrumental, Music Open
and Choral Scholarships
will take place on Friday, 8 March 2019 in the Eric Palmer Studio at the School of Music, Guildford Grammar School. A letter will be sent to candidates advising of the details and time of the audition once applications have closed.
D'Arcy Slater Scholarships
Harry Campbell Pope Scholarship
Calder Crowther Scholarship
Open Music Scholarship
Music Instrumental Scholarship
More about us:
Request a copy of our Prospectus
Download our Preparatory School Brochure
Download information on our Catalyst program for students in Years 7-9
Download our Year 11 Course Selection Handbook
Download our Year 10 Course Selection Handbook
Find out more about out extensive private bus service, covering a large part of the metropolitan area